The World As 100 People!
If you could shrink the earth’s population to a village of exactly 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look like this.
- 57 Asians
- 21 Europeans
- 14 from the Western Hemisphere
- 8 Africans
- 52 would be female, 48 would be ….?
- 70 would be non-white, 30 white
- 70 would be non –Christian, 30 would be Christian
- 59% of the world’s wealth would be in the hands of only six people, and all six would be North American
- 80 would live in substandard housing
- 70 would be unable to read
- 50 would suffer from malnutrition
- Only one would have a university degree
- No one would have a computer
- One would be near death, and one is about to be born.
You can see that there are no real estate people, no lawyers, no accountants, no car salespeople, no need for voice mail, no waiting for cable or phone hook-ups, no surly or indifferent waiters, no taxman, no politicians, no lineups, no ________________ (your pick).