One of the biggest downfalls I see when selling a London Ontario House or condominium be it through a real estate brokerage or a For Sale by Owner (FSBO) company is that most marketers & Realtors think that if they do the following:
- Put a for sale sign out front
- Get it on MLS or some websites
- Take pretty pictures (or doctor them)
- Make up some fancy brochures
- Maybe run an ad in a glossy magazine that is 1 month too late or a newspaper ad ( called tombstone ads for a reason) or, a larger ad with the Realtor’s picture larger than home!
- Do An Open House (did you know that less than 1% of houses are sold with an open house?)
Who is going to buy your home? Marketing to that group, in other words, focusing on the type of buyer your home will attract is extremely effective and works!
For example, if you have a 4 bedroom, 2 car garage house which is close to good schools, of course, you would market to families, not to an empty nester or single person. Or, a one floor, 2 bedroom condo in an upscale neighbourhood of London, you would not market it to a family of 4!
Focus, narrow down, focus, focus & clarify!
Most home buyers view between 10-16 homes in London Ontario, they are very much aware of the price & condition of other homes similar to yours. If they have a top-notch Realtor helping them, they can laser focus on the home that fits their client’s budget and criteria and not get lost on the bling and shine on properties that do not fit their client’s profile.
You can have the fanciest billboard in the world, but if it is located in the middle of the Sahara desert, who is going to see it and if they did, how many miles and hours will it take to get to London Ontario to see it? (I googled it, 9519 KM)
Why not focus your home on that buyer?