When buying, everyone that I have ever helped wanted a good buy on a London Ontario house for sale.
What is a good buy?
- Gobs of money off the listing price?
- A little off the listing price?
- The seller lets you have his lawn mower and snow blower? Their cat?
- The house or condo is what you wanted, is in the neighbourhood you wanted and in a very good condition?
- You bought something bigger & nicer than your friends have?
- Was it listed at a fair price?
So how do you know its a good deal?
- You think it is (perspective)?
- You feel it is?
- Your Realtor said it is?
- Your hairdresser said it is?
- Facts and neighbourhood history say it is?
Buying a home and deciding on one is an emotional ride that you get to slow down with logic, but whose emotions, yours, your Realtors, your children, spouse, in-laws?
When buying a home, use logic first in whom you choose to help you, not only a Realtor but a lawyer, a home inspector if needed and a mortgage provider. Choose those first before you even go and look at a house or a condo.
That way, you will get a good buy!