When buying a London Ontario home, everyone that I have ever helped in buying a house or a condo, want a good deal!
What is a good deal and for whom?
- Gobs of money off the listing price?
- A little off the listing price?
- The seller lets you have his lawn mower and snow blower? Their cat?
- The house or condo is exactly what you wanted, is in the neighbourhood you wanted and in a very good condition?
- You bought something bigger & nicer than your friends have?
- It was listed at a fair price?
So how do you know its a good deal?
- You think it is (perspective)?
- You feel it is?
- Your Realtor said it is?
- Your hairdresser said it is?
- Facts and neighbourhood history say it is?
Buying a home and deciding on one is an emotional ride that you get to slow down with logic, but who’s logic?
When buying a home, use logic first in whom you choose to help you, not only a Realtor, but a lawyer, a home inspector if needed and a mortgage provider. Choose those first before you even go and look at a house or a condo.
That way, you will get a good deal!